GAMMA.CON is Canberra’s own pop culture convention, founded in 2013 and organised entirely by volunteers. Our mission is to put an awesome event on the Canberra calendar.
We are looking for a Graphic Design and Merchandise Coordinator for our 2016 volunteer team.
Your key responsibilities are:
· Creation of marketing & advertising promotions and design from ideas through to the final product.
· You will also have the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
· Be able to work on your own and in a team.
· To follow a strict budget.
· Creation of a merchandise range and to be in charge of selling it at events held by GAMMA.CON.
· To create the program guide and or any other materials for the main event.
· To have studied/currently studying a Diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent.
· Strong alibility and knowledge of Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
· Always have positive attitude to your work.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Attention to detail and is organised.
· Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
· Other Adobe Creative Suite 5 knowledge advantageous.
· Knowledge of CorelDRAW (current or past editions).
· Pre-press knowledge desirable.
· Screen printing knowledge valuable.
· Supplier knowledge advantageous.
· Web publishing skills desirable but not essential.
This position is perfect for a student or someone who works part-time and wants a fun and exciting role to further their experience. If applicants are short listed they will need to provide a mini portfolio.
To apply for this unique position, or if you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications have now closed.
In your application you should address:
– Why you want to join the GAMMA.CON Team
– How you meet to position requirements
– What parts of Pop-Culture do you love